Re: [Exim] EXIM LDAP Virtual Users & Distribution Lists

Autor: Philipp Sacha
A: Lee W
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] EXIM LDAP Virtual Users & Distribution Lists
Lee W wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for everyone's suggestions I never expected so many. Wonderful :->
>
> Philipp, This looks like an interesting and also flexible way of doing the
> lists, kind of similar to (dare I say) MS Exchange which at the moment is my
> main reference source and also what I am trying to (as far as features go) base
> my server on.
>
> Can exim handle LDAP objects being returned at results and retrieve the
> necessary email address/mailbox attribute or would your Filter attribute purely
> be used as part of another LDAP query which would then retrive the necessary
> information?
>
> Thank again
>
> Lee

The Filter is used as part of another LDAP query:

To reduce the number of LDAP lookups to be made, first of all i get the
needed attributes and put them in $address_data.

In the router which handles lists defined by an LDAP filter i can get
the data with the following lookup:

   data = ${lookup ldapm {ldap:///LDAP_BASE?mail?sub?\
                          ${extract{mailaliasldapfilter}{$address_data}}\
                         } {$value} fail \
           }

But what do you mean with LDAP objects that should be handled by Exim?

Regards,

Philipp

--
Philipp Sacha mailto:psacha@blue-cable.net