[Exim] Recipient Verification question

Autor: Kelley Reynolds
A: Lists - Exim
Assumpte: [Exim] Recipient Verification question
It says in the documentation that when using defer_ok, exim does not update it's cache with the result. My question, is if there was previously a failed callout for foo@??? without defer_ok that has been cached, will a subsequent callout for foo@??? with a defer_ok read from the cache and automatically fail, or does it not read from the cache when calling defer_ok?

Example:

verify = recipient/callout=30s
verify = recipient/callout=30s,defer_ok

:elpmaxE

The host is unreachable, so the first verify call will fail and cache a negative result. will the second call return the negative result from the cache, or will it try again and possibly return success since defer_ok is set?

(I understand I can just put no_cache there, but I'm still curious)

Kelley Reynolds