Re: [Exim] How to use director and receiver_try_verify toget…

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: tao lin
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to use director and receiver_try_verify together?
tao lin wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I am using Exim 3.35 under Debian. In my exim.conf, I have follow setting in

As usual:
exim3 isn't supported anymore, exim4 is released for more than 2 years
now. Most people on this mailinglist don't use exim3 anymore. You REALLY
should consider upgrading to exim4. You can get debian-packages from
http://www.logic.univie.ac.at/~ametzler/debian/exim4manpages/.

> the director handles:
>
> lamsgroups:
> driver = smartuser
> new_address = lamsgroups@???
> no_verify_recipient

     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
     Doesn't that ring a bell?

> no_verify_sender
> suffix = ".*"
>
> So that all emails have the format xxx.yyyy@??? can redirect to
> the one real email address lamsgroups@???
> I use this way to create many discussion groups and all belong to one email.
> then I use my own app to pick the emails and deliver to the groups. It works
> fine. Now I face another problem - my exim server receive hundreds of spam
> and virus per day. And lots of these email just send to a fake email address
> like 20031015122326@??? and cylew6@??? I try to
> block these emails by using receiver_try_verify = true to block the spam
> emails. But once I do it, exim block all my groups' emails too!
>
> So my question is, does any way I can make receiver_try_verify = true and
> still allow my lamsgroups director working?

Just remove the no_verify_recipient setting from the director.

Nico