Re: [Exim] acl drop bug ?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jean-Louis Bergamo
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl drop bug ?
On Fri, 14 May 2004, Jean-Louis Bergamo wrote:

> you're right Philip,

Phew!

> but in my telnet session for this test i never see the 550 code :

I did check to see that the output buffer was flushed, and it was. But
the *real* test would be to use tcpdump or similar to see if it is sent
over the network. If you can do that, we will know if Exim is at fault
or not.

> Maybe it may help if you wait few seconds (an option in configuration
> file can set this time ) after sending the 550 code and before closing
> connection. It's just an idea.

I wondered about that, but the networking gurus here said it should not
be necessary.

> thanks for you help, and i hope your holydays will be good :-)

Not holidays. I do not read email on holiday. See http://www.afnog.org
if you want to know what I am doing in Senegal.