Re: [Exim] acl drop bug ?

Autor: Jean-Louis Bergamo
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] acl drop bug ?
On Fri, 14 May 2004, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:

> What do you feel the advantage of "drop" over "deny" is?

we had a bad experience with only deny. one of our customer had a virus on
its network. this virus resend it via email and via our smtp server. each
time it open a connection to our smtp server, we denyed its email because
it had a virus, but it never close the connection and retry a lot of time
to send this email. it opened a lot of connection a the same time, so it
takes resource that others customers can't use.

i know that we can make some other limitation to minimize this problem,
but we want to prevent other things like that, and we want to close
connection after a spam/virus. drop is the best solution if client receive
the 550 code, which it doesn't seem to be the case :-/

best regards,

Jean-Louis