Re: [Exim] Exiscan wishlist

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exiscan wishlist
On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 12:45:57PM +0100, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 07:35:09AM -0400, Richard Welty wrote:
> > > Ooh! Mailing lists with database backends excite me. OTOH,
> > > applications that insist on one particular database depress me, because
> > > most open source apps do not make sophisticated use of databases and
> > > could easily work with any back end. Still, I see it uses Perl DBI so
> > > it may well be easy to adapt.
> >
> > i supplied Tom with the necessary DDL files for PostgreSQL some time
> > ago, i have it running against PostgreSQL w/o trouble.
>
> Excellent! Then it shouldn't be too hard to get it working with odbc on
> Linux.

Hmm. On further inspection, I can see that mysql was chosen because it
makes it easier to integrate it with Exim routers, using Exim's mysql
lookup feature. However, there's no reason why it /has/ to be done
this way. I shoulld be able to cook up something with string expansion
that looks up the data over my odbc connection.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.