Re: [Exim] server_condition = ${if pwcheck{$1:$3}{1}{0}}

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: java, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] server_condition = ${if pwcheck{$1:$3}{1}{0}}
At 11:46 pm -0400 2004/05/13, java@??? wrote:
>Can someone, please, tell me what this line does ?
>server_condition = ${if pwcheck{$1:$3}{1}{0}}
>
>I have it under fixed_login authenticator, but have no clue of what it is
>doing?
>Please help.
>Thank you.

although you said please and thanks I must still ask you if you
haven't got an editor with search facilities... in the very fine
manual, spec.txt, second hit:

pwcheck {<string1>:<string2>}

    This condition supports user authentication using the Cyrus "pwcheck"
    daemon. This is one way of making it possible for passwords to be checked
    by a process that is not running as root. Note: The use of
"pwcheck" is now |
    deprecated. Its replacement is "saslauthd" (see below).

[...]

The particular expression you quote does not make sense to me though,
as it should have $1:$2 I think.

(also, try to remember to sign)

Giuliano