Re: [Exim] acl_not_smtp

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl_not_smtp
On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 10:56:26PM +0100, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2004, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>
> > And what will you do if there is a delay or timeout validating remote
> > recipients? Rejecting the message would be crazy:
>
> Do I detect a false dichotomy?
>
> If you validate recipients at RCPT time, you can tempfail some while
> accepting others.
>
> If you're looking at DATA time, then it's too late.

Erm, have you read the whole of this thread? I think you may have
missed something. Possibly the bit about the message being submitted
via the sendmail binary, or the bit where he wanted to reject the whole
message if only one recipient was invalid.

Tell me if I'm being stupid, but I don't think that what you just said
makes any sense in this context.

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.