[Exim] Compile problems with Exim 4.34

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chris_Eason
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Compile problems with Exim 4.34
Problem resolved.

I thought I should post the "solution". I had misinterpreted the
instructions for installing SA-Exim, which say:

> 1) Unpack exim 4.11 or better, and overwrite src/local_scan.c with
> sa-exim.c.
> In the sa-exim distribution directory, type make sa-exim.h, and copy
> it in the same place than sa-exim.c.

I'm afraid I thought this meant also overwriting local_scan.h with
sa-exim.h, and that's what's caused the problems. Once I realised that
sa-exim.h needed to be put into the src directory without being renamed and
that I wasn't supposed to overwrite local_scan.h, the compilation worked.

Thank you to those people who offered advice - and tips on system
administration too! :)

Chris

Notice: This email is confidential and may contain copyright material
of the John Lewis Partnership. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify us immediately and delete all copies of this message.
(Please note that it is your responsibility to scan this message for viruses).
Email to and from the John Lewis Partnership is automatically
monitored for operational and lawful business reasons.

John Lewis plc            Registered in England 233462
Registered office        171 Victoria Street London SW1E 5NN

Websites: http://www.johnlewis.com and http://www.waitrose.com