Re: [Exim] Advice - Building mail platform from scratch

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: 'Exim Users'
Subject: Re: [Exim] Advice - Building mail platform from scratch
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:11:26PM +0200, Rene Klootwijk wrote:

> Exiscan does not support running clamav (clamd), or any of the other
> virusscanners as far as I know, on a remote host.

I think you must be talking about some other patch, possibly to some
other mta. To have Exiscan use a remote clamd, all you have to do is
set

    av_scanner = clamd:hostname port

This has been the case for some time. Maybe you should read this:

http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/exiscan-acl-spec.txt

At least, that's how the Exiscan patch for Exim 4 works. Are you
talking about the old exiscan filter for Exim 3?

--
Bruce

What would Edward Woodward do?