Re: [Exim] Compile problems with Exim 4.34

Author: Dennis Skinner
To: Chris_Eason
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Compile problems with Exim 4.34
On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 12:25, Chris_Eason@??? wrote:
> I am trying to compile Exim 4.34 on a Red Hat 9 Linux system, but keep
> getting lots of errors.

I compiled in on 3 different RH9 machines with no problems.

> I am able to compile Exim 4.22 without any problems, so I just don't
> understand what's different and why it doesn't work with the later version.

Try using the same Local/Makefile that you used in 4.22 and see if that
works. If so, then you probably added a feature that you don't have
libs for (db lookup, etc).

> I'd be incredibly grateful if anybody could offer me some advice on the
> what the problem is? I've included output at the foot of this email.

> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/exim/exim-4.34/build-Linux-i386'

Bad Sys Admin! No cookie for you.....

Don't run make as root....

--
Dennis Skinner <dskinner@???>