Re: [Exim] smtp_active_hostname

Autor: gARetH baBB
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] smtp_active_hostname
On Wed, 12 May 2004, Andrew - Supernews wrote:

> It's the 220 response he's commenting on, not the 250 response.

Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear originally was I.

> My experience with smtp_active_hostname is that it, confusingly, does
> not affect the default smtp_banner, so you have to explicitly set that
> as well (which involves duplicating whatever expansion you use for
> smtp_active_hostname, since there's no way to refer from one to the
> other).

Yes, I thought smtp_active_hostname would effectively replace
$primary_hostname for all the "visible" bits - like the banner and the
Received header etc.

So, apart from the HELO/EHLO response, what is the point of
smtp_active_hostname ?