Re: [Exim] Advice - Building mail platform from scratch

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Steve Thomas
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Advice - Building mail platform from scratch
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 11:43:37PM +1200, Ray Jackson is rumored to have said:

> 1. Anti-spam: SpamAssassin vs. DSPAM? (or something else?)

I haven't ever used DSPAM, but SA is pretty widely recognized as one of the best (if not the best) antispam software out there. I use it and get almost zero spams ending up in my inbox. My only false positives are things like newsletters. (Note that I have a well trained bayes database - without it, it's not nearly as effective but still very good).

> 2. Anti-Virus:  Which engine (we are looking at Sophos Sweep)
>                 and do I use Amavis or Exiscan (or something else?)
>                 If I choose Sophos - do I use Sophie?

I use Sophos with Sophie. Works like a champ. The only caveat with Sophie is that the author just announced that he wouldn't be maintaining it any longer and is looking for someone to take it over, so it may be EOL.

HTH,
St-

--
"The graveyards are full of indispensable men."
- Charles de Gaulle (1890-1970)