[Exim] Outlook 2000 authentication needs setting up

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tim Wiser - old address \(E-mail\)
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Outlook 2000 authentication needs setting up
I need to allow my users who have laptops and are connecting into the
network over a VPN to be able to send email to users outside the company.
Because of the relaying security on the server Exim isn't allowing them to
do this. I guess I need to make the laptops authenticate to the server
before they send messages.

Our server is running v3.33 (I know we should upgrade but I'm not a UNIX
person so I am very wary about running the upgrade in case things go wrong -
this is our only mail server and as such is fairly critical!) and the
clients are Outlook 2000. Can someone advise me how to get a basic form of
authentication set up? Just passing a username and password combination to
the server would be fine.

Thanks.
Tim.