Re: [Exim] EXIM 4.31, courier-imap, Clamd, exiscan, spamassa…

Author: Troy Engel
To: 'Exim'
Subject: Re: [Exim] EXIM 4.31, courier-imap, Clamd, exiscan, spamassassinLoad problems
Tor Slettnes wrote:

> (Sure, blocking 75% of spam is good; but with a properly configured SA,
> you ought to be able to catch well above 90%, while not impacting
> legitimate mail at all).

Just a small note on this; it entirely depends on your spam, not SA
config. We get thousands a night, a majority of them dictionary attacks
which simply defeat anything SA can do. Our SA runs at about 50%
efficiency nowadays, the spammers have "figured it out".

DSPAM, once trained, is catching 99% of everything with no false
positives. We're running them in tandem, allowing a user to opt-out of
either one (I currently use DSPAM only, and get 100% rate.)

Give DSPAM a shot, you might like it. ;)

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com