Re: [Exim] EXIM 4 | Sender/Callout | Exceptions

Author: Clark Stacer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] EXIM 4 | Sender/Callout | Exceptions
On 4/27/04 2:21 PM, "Mike Zanker" <mike-sender-64e73a@???> wrote:

> On 27 April 2004 13:32 -0700 Clark Stacer <cds@???> wrote:
>
>> So, my question is, how can I configure the ACL to NOT do
>> sender/callout on just a few domain names/smtp hosts?
>
> You need something like:
>
> deny sender_domains = !example.domain : !another.domain
>   !verify         = sender/callout=random

Thanks, Mike, that worked like a charm!

Only problem now is that ONE company whose Frankenstein mail system won't
respond to callout ALSO has an invalid DNS name for their mail host (i.e.
mbx1.msg.msgcorp.com which doesn't exist outside their network)...SO, I
don't get a match for acceptance using the following ACL entry:

 deny   sender_domains = !+special_domains
        !verify        = sender/callout=random/defer_ok

ARRRRGH! So, to get EXIM to accept mail from their mx, I had to add their
mx host to my hosts file and comment out the above ACL entry in order to get
the following ACL entry to work:

  deny    hosts = !+special_hosts
          !verify        = sender/callout=random/defer_ok

But this then prevents me from excepting "domain names"...like att.com...

My question is this:  How would you write an ACL entry to
ACCEPT message (and stop processing ACL)
    IF the "sender's domain name" is in a list of domains
    OR
    IF the "sender's host name/address" is in a list of hosts,
    ELSE do a sender verification

Thanks in advance,
Clark Stacer
"EXIM Guru Wannabe"