RE: [Exim] EXIM 4.31, courier-imap, Clamd, exiscan, spamassa…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Doug Block
To: 'Exim'
Alte Treads: Re: [Exim] EXIM 4.31, courier-imap, Clamd, exiscan, spamassassin Load problems
Betreff: RE: [Exim] EXIM 4.31, courier-imap, Clamd, exiscan, spamassassinLoad problems
Well I am using a AMD XP200+ yes I know it's not a server chip but it was
what I had free at the time. I have Sa-scan handling the Spamassassin and
exiscan handling the clamd. It's kinda strange but I think it's a cpu thing
since spam runs at almost the same time as clamd and add about 5 or 6 users
outlooks at the same time so I get a slow down. The thing that scares me is
I only have 1/3 of the users migrated over and I am getting this problem.

-
I had a very similar problem on an AMD single processor same setup. I found
that the problem. I found the culprit on my machine was caused by running
spamassassin to do the mail filtering. It spawned so many threads will
checking that the machine was literally giving it most of the cpu during
every 15 minute mail check.

This stopped when I used spamc. I invoked it from within my procmailrc as so
and the problem stopped: :0fw
* < 256000
| /usr/bin/spamc

This may not be what is causing your problem but maybe it will help solve
it.
---