Re: [Exim] EXIM 4.31, courier-imap, Clamd, exiscan, spamassa…

Author: Marvin Pierce
To: Exim
New-Topics: RE: [Exim] EXIM 4.31, courier-imap, Clamd, exiscan, spamassassinLoad problems
Subject: Re: [Exim] EXIM 4.31, courier-imap, Clamd, exiscan, spamassassin Load problems
I had a very similar problem on an AMD single processor same setup. I
found that the problem. I found the culprit on my machine was caused by
running spamassassin to do the mail filtering. It spawned so many
threads will checking that the machine was literally giving it most of
the cpu during every 15 minute mail check.

This stopped when I used spamc. I invoked it from within my procmailrc
as so and the problem stopped:
:0fw
* < 256000
| /usr/bin/spamc

This may not be what is causing your problem but maybe it will help
solve it.
---