Re: [Exim] acl_not_smtp

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl_not_smtp
On Sun, 9 May 2004, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> I've an MUA submitting mails on stdin.
>
> It seems that acl_not_smtp has no access to "local_parts".

Correct. It is like the acl_smtp_data in that it is run when the whole
message has been received. Since there may be many recipients, you
cannot test "the local part" because there can be lots of them.

> Given that a good To: header has been given by the time
> the acl is run, why is this so? The headers must presumably
> be parsed for recipients for delivery to happen at all,
> surely?

No. Delivery is not based on headers. It is based on addresses in the
envelope. But that is not the reason.

> Is the same likely to apply to "domains"?

Yes.

> What about $local_part and $domain?

They are not set.

You do have access to $recipients, which is a comma-separated list of
all the recipient addresses.