Re: [Exim] Shifting from qmail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: [ Dhruv ], Exim-Users (E-mail)
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Shifting from qmail
[ Dhruv ] wrote:

>>Why convert? Exim supports Maildir easy enough. I do it here. I happen
>>to prefer maildir format to the other formats. I think it's a lot better.
>
>>Exim can easily deliver to maildir, see...
>
> It's shared hosting, i dont think we can have Maildir for some mbox for the
> rest.

You use maildir currently, right? You can continue to use maildir with
exim. You do NOT need to use mbox.

> Looks like plain text, the passwords are hashed, should be able to import
> onto the new server - just dont know where exim stores its passwords

Well, then the lsearch lookup is what you want.
Exim has now fixed external files, you can configure EVERYTHING. Just
use a lookup to fetch the data from where you want it.

> So to round it all up
> a> I n eed to figure where exim stores its user/passwords for mail users
> and what format

No, you need to TELL exim from where it should read its data.

> b> Take the password hashes from qmail server and put them on the exim
> servers file

No need to, i suppose that qmail uses crypt or something to store the
passwords. Exim supports comparing crypted passwords.

> c> import mailfolder to mbox which looks like its just a append from
> multiple files into 1

You don't need to do that, just continue to use maildir.

> Like i said, im a newbie and there are errors, which is why im asking for
> advice!

You should read spec.txt, or
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec.html if you prefer
html. Especialy the chapters about expansions and lookups.

Exim is flexible enough to do everything you want (well, maybe except
making coffee, Can we add this to the Wishlist? ;)). You just need to
learn how to tell exim what you want.

Nico