Re[2]: [Exim] Callout verification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Exim users list
Asunto: Re[2]: [Exim] Callout verification
On Fri, 7 May 2004, Andy Fletcher wrote:

> It would be useful to be able to define different actions based on
> which part of the transaction generated the 5xx - i.e. you could
> choose to ignore the MAIL TO 5xx error, and continue with the
> transaction, only halting on a 5xx at RCPT TO.

The response to RCPT under those circumstances is likely to be
something like "503 Waiting for Mail command" or "502 Error: command
not implemented", judging from the MTAs that I've tried it against.

> Admittedly this may not be of interest to everyone, but it provides
> some flexibility around the problem of mail servers rejecting null
> MAIL FROM when the RCPTO TO would actually be accepted perfectly
> fine

Basically I think you'd need to have the callout machine start over,
with a non-null envelope sender. *N.B* I'm saying this purely for
the sake of discussion - I certainly DO NOT recommend it.

best regards