Re: [Exim] Exim and Sieve rules

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and Sieve rules
Michael Haardt wrote:

There is a difference in syntax between the two statments....

> > A very simple example is ":matches". The statement:
> >
> >      if :header :matches "X-Spam-Status" "Yes*"

         ^^^^^^^^^^

> >         { fileinto "INBOX.Junk"; }

> > does not work in Exim sieve filters. I had to use ":contains"
> > instead.
>
> The filter
>
> if header :matches "X-Spam-Status" "Yes*"

    ^^^^^^^^^

>      { fileinto "INBOX.Junk"; }

> works as expected here. Please send me a test message that reproduces
> the problem. If there is a bug, I shall fix it.

Just in case someone missed it, in the first it is
    if :header
In the second it is
    if header

Is this just a typo, or is does that really make a difference?

(I have not looked over the SIEVE syntax for some time, nor do I currently
use it, thus, the reason why I ask about the above)

--

--EAL--