[Exim] Bypassing failed ldap lookup

Author: Scott Redford
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Bypassing failed ldap lookup
I am using Exim 4.24 with ldap lookups to verify
recipients before accepting mail.

Here is the router:

ldapLookup:
  driver = redirect
  hide data = ${lookup ldap {user="${lookup mysql
{Q_USERDN}}" \
           pass=${lookup mysql {Q_LDAP_PASS}} \
           ldap:///${lookup mysql
{Q_BASEDN}}?mail?sub?\

(proxyAddresses=SMTP:${quote_ldap:$local_part}\
           @${quote_ldap:$domain})}{$value} fail }
  domains = +relay_to_domains
  verify_recipient
  pass_on_timeout
  pass_router = nofilter
  no_more

The router works perfectly and it pulls the password
from mysql perfectly. The issue is that Active
Directory forgets the password periodically and I have
to reset the password to its original value. When AD
forgets the password the lookup fails and email stops.
I get credential errors in exim.
Does anybody know how to have exim bypass the router
if the lookup fails on bad credentails? That way at
east email is flowing and then I can have a monitoring
script notify me when the lookups are failing.

Thanks,
Scott