[Exim] Host lookup defered, failed

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Spencer Ogden
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Host lookup defered, failed
I have had continuing problems with host lookups in Exim. Haven't had any
luck finding answers online. The situation is this:

Freshly installed Exim 4.32 on the latest release of Gentoo. Using a
basically stock config file. Host lookups work from other accounts, as well
as the account exim runs as. Sender verify is broken, although mail can be
received if it is turned off. Sending mail is of course broken.

First the errors. This shows up in the log when I send mail:
May 5 23:17:05 [exim] 2004-05-05 23:17:05 1BLVdR-0000Nl-Uz <=
spencer@??? U=spencer P=local S=483
id=20040505231705.GB1459@???
May 5 23:17:05 [exim] 2004-05-05 23:17:05 1BLVdR-0000Nl-Uz ==
spencerogden@??? R=dnslookup defer (-1): host lookup did not
complete

The really puzzling part is when I do `exim -bt -d
spencerogden@???`. Intersting lines are:
dnslookup router called for spencerogden@???
domain = hotmail.com
DNS lookup of hotmail.com (MX) succeeded
dnslookup router: defer for spencerogden@???
message: host lookup did not complete

Which seems to say that the MX lookup succeeds, but it fails anyway.

Things I have checked:
1) All users, including the mail user can do host lookups with `dig`
2) resolv.conf has world readable permissions
3) tcpdump shows that exim is connecting to the DNS server and receiving a
reply

Any hints on other things to check out would be very appreciated, I've just
about googled this one to death. Sorry if I haven't given enough
information, let me know what would be useful.

Spencer Ogden