[Exim] Exiscan and remote clamd

Author: Rene Klootwijk
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exiscan and remote clamd
I run exim patched with the exiscan patch in a chrooted environment
configured as a mail relay. Clamd is running remote on another machine. From
exiscan a connection to clamd is made and a scan is initiated using the SCAN
command and thus clamd expects to find the file to scan in the specified
location. However, because clamd is on a remote system this file does not
exist. I think the scan should be initiated using the STREAM command and
then a new connection should be made to the port received from clamd. Am I
right?

Regards,
Rene.