[Exim] Directors configuration/section and Mailman

Author: David W Smith
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Directors configuration/section and Mailman
Hi,

My query concerns Exim's (v 4.12-3) Directors section and Mailman
2.1.4. I had read and implemented the advice given at
'www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html' for Mailman 2.0.13 but think I need to
add to the Directors section to get Mailman 2.1.4 fully integrated with
Exim.

I have a large number of mailing lists and with Mailman 2.0.13 entries for
mailman, mailman-owner, mailman.account, mailman-request, mailman-admin,
and mailman-admin-bounces in my aliases file sufficed for all the lists.

With Mailman 2.1.4 each list has its own set of 10 aliases (that is,
listname, listname-admin, listname-bounces, listname-confirm,
listname-join, listname-leave, listname-owner, listname-request,
listname-subscribe, and listname-unsubscribe). So currently my aliases
file is looking rather cluttered and I'd like to be able to remove these
entries from it.

As per 'www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html' (though the driver given is
smarthost, I have accept) in my Exim configure file there is a director
called 'list_request_director':

#!!# suffix renamed local_part_suffix
driver = accept
local_part_suffix = -request
require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc::$local_part}/config.db
retry_use_local_part
transport = list_request_transport

So does anyone know if I can add 8 further directors (list_admin_director,
list_bounces_director etc) below and similar to the 'list_request_director'.
For example,

driver = accept
local_part_suffix = -bounces
require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/lists/${lc::$local_part}/config.db
retry_use_local_part
transport = list_request_transport

and thus dispense with the entries in my aliases file?

I'm assuming the transport (list_request_transport) could be used:

list_request_transport:
driver = pipe
command = MAILMAN_WRAP mailcmd ${lc:$local_part}
current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
group = MAILMAN_GID
home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME
user = MAILMAN_UID