Re: [Exim] Need Help - Very Very New bie

Author: Christopher Chaduka
To: Usman Ghani, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Need Help - Very Very New bie
On Wednesday 05 May 2004 22:30, Usman Ghani wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have lynix 9 with Exim mailing system installed on it. I want to know
> what is the method to create a mail account in this machinein exim. Suppose
> I am logged on as root user, what next? ANy help will be highly
> appreciated.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Usman Ghani
> --

Hi,

You don't add users in Exim. By default, Exim will look for system users so as
to drop mail in their mailboxes. So the command you are looking for here is
adduser.
e.g.
    $ adduser usman
There are other ways [ in fact, you are encouraged to use such ] of creating
e-mail accounts on your box. You can have users kept in a flat file or in a
database like MySQL. If you search the archives and on the net, you will find
various ways on how to do this and more.

Kiri