[Exim] User Prefs with Spamassassin

Author: Leigh Dodd
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] User Prefs with Spamassassin
Is there anyway to get Exim (4.32) and Spamassassin (2.63) so that users can
set there own score levels ?
(One global setting has cause a few problems :-()

Using the standard config (See below) but because Spammassassin is called
via Exim with user "Exim", then spammassasin will read only the exim users
/home/exim/.spamassassin/user_prefs file.

I tried removing user-exim and spamassassin works fine, it reads the users
prefs fine for each recipient, it's just that Exim gets stuck in a loop.

I'm not doing spam checks at SMTP time (For the moment anyway)

So is there a way around this ?

Thanks

Leigh

# Router

# SpamAssassin
spamcheck_router:
  no_verify
  check_local_user
  # When to scan a message :
  #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
  #   -   it isn't already scanned
  condition = \
              "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-ITRI-Flag:} \
                          {!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}\
                        } \
                          {1}{0} \
                }"
# require_files=$home/.spamcheck
  driver = accept
  transport = spamcheck

#Transport

# SpamAssassin
spamcheck:
    driver = pipe
    command = /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
    use_bsmtp = true
    transport_filter = /usr/local/bin/spamc
    home_directory = "/tmp"
    current_directory = "/tmp"
    # must use a privileged user to set $received_protocol on the way back
in!
    user = exim
    group = exim
    log_output = true