[Exim] Host lookup problems in exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Spencer Ogden
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Host lookup problems in exim
Sorry if this is an oft repeated question, but I have been searching online
and reading the docs without luck for a while now.

I am trying to install exim 4.32 ona gentoo system.

The problem is with host lookups. This includes verifying senders in the
case of receiving email, and resolving addresses for sending mail. I can get
mail delivery to work by turning off sender verification, but that is all
the luck I have had. Host resolution from the commandline works fine of
course. Below is some relevant output, the full output is at the bottom just
in case:

home exim # exim -bt -d+dns spencerogden@???
<snip>
sender address = root@home
Address testing: uid=0 gid=12 euid=0 egid=12

Testing spencerogden@???
<snip>
dnslookup router called for spencerogden@???
domain = hotmail.com
DNS lookup of hotmail.com (MX) succeeded
dnslookup router: defer for spencerogden@???
message: host lookup did not complete
<snip>
home exim # host hotmail.com
hotmail.com has address 64.4.33.7

The lines where it says the DNS lookup has succeded, followed by it saying
the host lookup did not complete is a bit confusing to me... As the last bit
shows, dns resolution is work in general.

Thanks for any help, apologies if I have missed something obvious,

Spencer Ogden

it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/