Re: [Exim] problem with local_part_suffix

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] problem with local_part_suffix
Avleen Vig <lists-exim@???> wrote:
> I have the following lines in my configure file:
> local_part_suffix = -*
> local_part_suffix_optional
>
> When exim does a lookup of username "foo-bar@domain", it actually
> looks up "foo@domain".
> I was under the impression that this should not be the case?
>
> I thought with "local_part_suffix_optional", if a lookup of "foo-bar"
> failed, THEN exim would lookup "foo". I assume I am mistaken?

You are. It looks up foo, and delivers to foo. It assumes that either the
transport responsible for the final delivery or the user foo him/herself
will know what to so with the suffix.

The -optional part controls whether localparts without the suffix are
accepted - if it wasn't there, then 'foo@domain' would fail.

> If I am indeed mistaken, does anyone know of a better way to achieve
> what I'm tryign to do without two routers? I can't find anything
> obvious in the config..

I'd use 2 routers. Not a particularly complex solution.

Peter