[Exim] OT: fetchmail - moving mails

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas Rust
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] OT: fetchmail - moving mails
--

Hello,

wrong list, but the right people I assume :)

I just moved a mailserver from sendmail to exim 4.31/courier (wise
decision, yes :) )...

Now I'd like to move a few remaining emails from the sendmail postbox
styled format to the new
maildir format on the exim server.

I figured that running a single fetchmail for the accounts in question
would be suitable and
that it will deliver all the mails by SMTP to the new accounts.

The problem however appears to be that I cannot specify the local username
on a command line
properly. Fetchmail seems to be designed to rely on the .fetchmailrc file
where changing
the username is working fine.

On command line I tried however I don't get it done ... e.g.

fetchmal -k -p POP3 --auth password -u "remoteusername" 192.168.0.250

delivers the mails to right local user whenever the names are the same.
I am using virtual users off a dbase though and need to do something like:

fetchmal -k -p POP3 --auth password -u "remoteusername" 192.168.0.250

     Andreas Rust     -   webnova GmbH
     rust@???  -   www.webnova.de
     Tel:  +49 (0)700 - 20 30 7000
     Fax:  +49 (0)700 - 20 30 8000