[Exim] roadrunner broke my new toy..

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Brian
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] roadrunner broke my new toy..
Hello,

It's always fun till the big kids come and break your new toy isn't it?

So I got my exim working with sender verification by removing the
smarthost setup I had. Using the logic of "If I can verify the sender,
if the recipient doesn't exist, I'll be able to send back a message to a
valid originator." (and I won't need to send all my bounces to a smart
host for outbound delivery..

require verify = sender/callout=10s
message = unrouteable sender domain

as per the spec.txt (38.22) tells me that this will spend 10 seconds on
this. Which is more than enough time. So I've found that I get this
type of response from roadrunner domains (*.rr.com):

<<< 550-(result of an earlier callout reused).
<<< 550-The initial connection, or a HELO or MAIL FROM:<> command was
<<< 550-rejected. Refusing MAIL FROM:<> does not help fight spam, disregards
<<< 550-RFC requirements, and stops you from receiving standard bounce
<<< 550-messages. This host does not accept mail from domains whose servers
<<< 550-refuse bounces.
<<< 550 Sender verify failed

So it looks like roadrunner doesn't like mail from <> go to it's
recipients.. (lame)

So I was looking at the the other options for the callout, specifically
the random and postmaster.. but it doesn't look like it' changes the
sender only who it looks for at the other end..

BUT

when I do this by hand it seems to go through..

Trying 24.29.102.163...
Connected to nycmx03.mgw.rr.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 nycmx03.mgw.rr.com ESMTP Welcome to Road Runner. NO UCE *** FOR
AUTHORIZED USE ONLY! ***
helo blah.com
250 nycmx03.mgw.rr.com Hello mystique.poklib.org [63.109.236.156],
pleased to meet you
mail from:<>
250 2.1.0 <>... Sender ok
rcpt to:<acook@???>
250 2.1.5 <acook@???>... Recipient ok
data
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
subject: blah
to:<acook@???>
from:<>

hello world!
.
250 2.0.0 i43CZOet029004 Message accepted for delivery
quit
221 2.0.0 nycmx03.mgw.rr.com closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

So I'm not too sure what the problem is w/ my exim setup.

clues?

- Brian