Re: [Exim] Mail Reject Because Of Helo .xxxx

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dominik Ruf
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Mail Reject Because Of Helo .xxxx
* Rejean Proulx <rejean@???> [2004-05-01 22:15]:
> I am using exim release 3.

As everyone on this list, it seems I'll have to recommend
upgrading to a current release. Exim 4 was released over
two years ago...

> I run a mailing list which hasn't had this
> problem until now. My exim generates it helo as
> helo .interfree.ca
> The dot (.) in from of interfree.ca hasn't bothered anyone until now. How
> do I eliminate this .

Take a look at the docs regarding 'primary_hostname'.

> so that my helo message will be
> helo interfree.ca in order to satisfy the provider below, or should I be
> worrying about this? Who is right, them, exim or do I have a configuration
> problem?

Both. :-)

1) Yes, you have a configuration problem (assuming you're sending
HELO .interfree.ca), because this should be your FQDN.
2) Yes, this provider is also doing something which breaks the
RFCs, because rejecting based on HELO is a MUST NOT. However,
more and more admins are doing some kind of HELO checks these
days to fight against spam/worms.

HTH.

Dominik