Re: [Exim] EXIM Slow Sending, PLEASE HELP!

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tim Jackson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] EXIM Slow Sending, PLEASE HELP!
Hi David, on Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:32:56 -0400 you wrote:

> This is very important!

For future reference, that can put people off replying...

> I need to configure my cPanel server (P4 2.8GHz
> HT, 1gb RAM) so that it can send many emails at once.

I think you need to firstly look at how you are injecting the messages
into Exim, as this may be a significant factor. Are you doing it by:

a) calling exim|sendmail on the command line?

b) building a batch SMTP (BSMTP) file and using that?

c) connecting to yourserver:25 and running SMTP sessions?

d) exim -bS locally?

e) something else?

Chances are that you would be best doing it with (b) if you aren't
already.

> It seems to only be able to send an avg of 11/s

That's >600/min. Not all that bad. Presumably it's on a high bandwidth
connection?

> I heard people achieving 42 emails/s by queuing it only, and
> then maintaining a minimum of 127 EXIM queue processes, but I am not >
> sure how to do that.

Set the "queue_only" option, and then start lots of queue runners (exim
-q).

Tim