Re: [Exim] Rejecting messages with wrong recipients headers …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bruce Richardson
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Rejecting messages with wrong recipients headers in local domains
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 11:09:35AM -0700, Andrey Tverdokhleb wrote:
> Sometimes I'm getting spam with correct "rcpt to:",
> but using non-existing local part in To: f.e. I'd like
> to drop such messages. So I want exim at first pass
> check that all recipients addresses in my local domain
> are deliverable and if there are undeliverable
> addresses simply drop the whole message. I know that
> this is a bad idea for big domains to do such harsh
> filtering, but I find it acceptable for my little home
> domain with only few existing accounts.
> Is this possible?

I don't think it's a good idea. Never sent a message to two people in a
domain and misspelt one address? How about mailing list messages, where
the "To" header contains the mailing list address, or where someone
sends a genuine message to a bunch of acquaintances and puts them all in
BCC?

These spams will almost all have other characteristics that will catch
them without such a huge risk of false positives.

--
Bruce

Hierophant: someone who remembers, when you are on the way down,
everything you did to them on the way up.