[Exim] verify = sender not working?

Autor: Brian
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] verify = sender not working?
Hello all,

In my configure file for exim, the acl_smtp_rcpt I have an acl called
acl_check_rcpt.  In there after a forged HELO check, and the %!
local_parts check, I have this:
    require verify = sender
     message = Unrouteable sender domain

to me this checks to make sure that I can write the sender back, and
from the docs that's what it's supposed to do, but I have errors in my
logs when delivering to postfix mailservers (some using my own dnscache
(djbdns) servers, and others using their own dns resolvers) relating to
not being able to validate the senders domain..

For example:

2004-04-29 10:11:59 1BJCGW-0000lp-LB
H=(OUTGOING109.postalmailhostings.com) [69.1.199.110] Warning: [SPAM] 12.3
2004-04-29 10:11:59 1BJCGW-0000lp-LB <=
GAB@???
H=(OUTGOING109.postalmailhostings.com) [69.1.199.110] P=smtp S=1689
2004-04-29 10:12:01 1BJCGW-0000lp-LB == kelli@??? R=manual_route
T=remote_smtp defer (0): SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<kelli@???>: host 157.15.32.14 [157.15.32.14]: 450
<GAB@???>: Sender address rejected: Domain
not found

the 157.15.32.14 host is not within my control, but I know it's running
postfix, and I'm wondering if there is a timeout or something else that
I'm missing to make this work the way I think it should.

Or is postfix doing a different kind of check, other than your usual A
record for the rhs of the @ sign, or an mx check w/ a valid IP?

root@b [/usr/local/etc/exim]# 28 > host -t ns daddyemailaccount.com
daddyemailaccount.com name server ns1.postalmanager.com
daddyemailaccount.com name server ns2.postalmanager.com
root@b [/usr/local/etc/exim]# 29 > host outgoing109.daddyeamilaccount.com
Host not found.
root@b [/usr/local/etc/exim]# 30 > host -t mx
outgoing109.daddyemailaccount.com
Host not found.
root@b [/usr/local/etc/exim]# 31 > host -t mx daddyemailaccount.com
There is an entry for this host, but it doesn't have a Mail Exchanger
record.
root@b [/usr/local/etc/exim]# 32 >

so I'm not sure what exim is looking at when it makes this check.. or it
could quite possibly be that I'm doing this check wrong :)

Thanks in advance,

- Brian

# exim info ..

root@b [/usr/local/etc/exim]# 32 > exim -bV
Exim version 4.32 #0 built 29-Apr-2004 10:19:17
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2004
Probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
Support for: iconv() PAM Perl OpenSSL
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb dsearch
nis nis0 passwd
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Contains exiscan-acl patch revision 18 (c) Tom Kistner
[http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/]
Configuration file is /usr/local/etc/exim/configure