Re: [Exim] caalouts for lmtp(socket) transport - NO WAY [exi…

Autor: Andrzej Filip
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] caalouts for lmtp(socket) transport - NO WAY [exim 4.30]
Tor Slettnes wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2004, at 16:30, Andrzej Filip wrote:
>
>> Is my impression that exim 4.30 does not support callouts over UNIX
>> LMTP
>> sockets correct ?
>

> Correct. Callouts only happen for "remote" transports, i.e. smtp.
>
> However, you can set "protocol = lmtp" in an SMTP transport.  You then
> need an LMTP server listening over TCP/IP.  Add "lmtp 24/tcp" to
> /etc/services, and enable the listener in /etc/cyrus.conf, e.g:
>        lmtp      cmd="lmtpd" listen="localhost:lmtp" prefork=0
> maxchild=20

> Plus, a whole host of other things you already identified as far as
> Exim is concerned.

I can treat LMTP over TCP only as temporary solution.

LMTP over UNIX socket is more secure method for accessing cyrus.

I would like to see exim capabilities to do callouts over UNIX socket soon.

BTW
1) IMHO it would be nice to make smtp transport capable to talk over
UNIX sockets.
2) How hard would be making exim capable to do support also "VRFY
callouts" ?
Cyrus does not support VRFY but adding VRFY support would be almost trivial.

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@??? anfi@???
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi