Re: [Exim] saslauthd - I love it!

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Anand Buddhdev
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] saslauthd - I love it!
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 05:34:57PM +0300, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> > >Are you sure? We've run this for some time and it doesn't do that here...
> > >
> > Well - I'm doing it. saslauthd -a rimap -O localhost
> > In this mode it does an IMAP test to see if it can connect with that
> > user/password and returns the result.
>
> Why don't you just let it use the passwd file (in any case?). You do
> realize that your authentication would fail is the IMAP server died
> for some reason. Exim might still be running.
> Mine simply runs like
>
> saslauthd -a pam -m /var/state/saslauthd

Hi Washington,

Not everyone uses passwd files. We for example, use courier's userdb
auth mechanism in some cases, and rather than trying to teach exim how
to handle userdb, it's far simple to just do the auth via the
courier-imap server which knows about the userdb. This is what I do,
although I don't use sasl. I get exim to talk directly to the
courier-imap authdaemon.

--
Anand Buddhdev
Celtel International