Re: [Exim] Virtual domain question

Autor: Greg Folkert
A: EximUser List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Virtual domain question
--
On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:05, Björn Lindström wrote:
> I think I'm in lack of a general idea of how I should do a particular
> set-up. I was hoping that someone here could give me a clue.
>
> I have a single-IP machine with three domain names pointing to it, but
> of which one is it's canonical name. (So internal mail, from cron and so
> on, seems to be sent there.)
>
> How should go about getting a setup like this here:
>
> * Local mail should be delivered according to a global alias file
> (/usr/local/etc/exim/aliases).
>
> * Mail from the outside should be delivered according to domain-specific
> alias files (/usr/local/etc/exim/virtual/domain).
>
> I have a somewhat working setup, but I can't seem to make internal mail
> work, and at the same time make mail from the outside be redirected only
> according to the domain-specific aliasfile for that domain.

I just add another router for each domain I want to have specific
aliases for:

somecompany.com_domain_aliases:
debug_print = "R: somecompany.com_domain_aliases for $local_part@???"
driver = redirect
domains = somecompany.com
allow_fail
allow_defer
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/home/somecompany.com/etc/aliases}}
file_transport = address_file

Just make sure the file is readable by the user Exim is running as. I
typically just make the homedir o+x for world and the same for the dirs
and the alias file gets only o+r. That way nobody can peek. But Exim can
read the file as it knows where the file is.

You should have the address_file transport setup already for the global
aliases, so no need for an additional one. You have to be accepting mail
for the domains, of course.
--
greg@???

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup