Re: [Exim] Need Exim to ask hosts file before asking my DNS

Author: Matthew Byng-Maddick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Need Exim to ask hosts file before asking my DNS
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 10:25:46AM +0200, Sherif Mohamed wrote:
> I think /etc/nsswitch is correct, as I ping can resolve correctly, also
> telnet.
> They lookup in the hosts file first.
> But Exim don't, I see it trying to connect to the correct hostname but with
> the real IP in the logs.
> I am using Solaris 9.

If you're just treating it as a random external host, you'll need to tell it
to do a gethostbyname with a manualroute router rather than using the
dnslookup router, which will always try the MX first (and therefore will
always use DNS).

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/