Re: [Exim] saslauthd - I love it!

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matt Bernstein
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Marc Perkel
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] saslauthd - I love it!
On Apr 27 Marc Perkel wrote:

>I just came across saslauthd and the Exim hook into it and I love it.
>What it does is it does smtp authentication against IMAP by trying to
>log into IMAP.

Not strictly true--it more likely is simply using exactly the same
authenticator. saslauthd does not depend on imapd.

>Thus - anyone who has an IMAP login will have the same user and password
>for SMTP AUTH login.

Yes.

>I'm just posting this here for anyone else like me who didn't know you
>could do this. The how to is in the Exim docs.

The nice thing is that "saslauthd -a pam" obsoletes pam_exim--you get a
root process handling the authentication which Exim doesn't need to worry
about :)