Re: [Exim] EHLO,STARTTLS_and_callout,random

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Anand Buddhdev
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Andrey Tverdokhleb
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] EHLO,STARTTLS_and_callout,random
On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 12:22:40PM -0700, Andrey Tverdokhleb wrote:

> I have two questions.
>
> 1. What is the reason for not accepting STARTTLS as
> the very first
> command in a session?

Because the client must first say EHLO to determine is the server
supports STARTTLS.

> Exim 3.x allowed this, but 4.x doesn't and looking at
> the source code
> it seems like very intentional check. I don't mind,
> but it brakes
> option -starttls smtp in
> openssl 0.9.7 which I used to verify smtp over TLS
> with 3.x.
> F.e. this command works fine for exim 3.x, but doesn't
> for 4.32.
> openssl s_client -starttls smtp -connect
> 10.10.10.233:25

Don't know about exim 3. Maybe it did support it, but I think exim 4
is correct int not allowing any extended SMTP features or TLS without
an EHLO first.

If you just want to test exim's SSL/TLS capability, you can
temporarily run an exim daemon with the -tls-on-connect option so that
it will expect to do TLS immediately upon connection, and that's what
you want.

> 2. When I do "callout,random" exim says:
>
> '=' expected after "callout" in ACL condition
> "sender/no_details/callout,random"

Callout options can be specified after an equal sign after the callout
parameter. Multiple callout parameters are separated by commas.

So you want callout=random

If you want also to specify a longer timeout, do:

callout=45s,random

or

callout=random,45s

> "callout=30s,random" accepted fine and simple callout
> without '=30s'
> accepted too. What does this mean? Is timeout
> required to specify
> option 'random'? Looks
> like some bug in the parser, since I couldn't find
> anything specific
> about this in the
> spec.txt.

You didn't read section 38.22 properly.