[Exim] jumfi (java based unified mailfilter interface) now s…

Autor: timmers
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] jumfi (java based unified mailfilter interface) now supports Exim

Hi,

Recently I started a project on sourcforge to allow mailfiters to be written in Java this project is
calle jumfi. Now I've added support for the Exim MTA and I hope it can be of use to you. I've
pasted the news release I made on sourceforge in this mail for all af you to read.

grts
Dieder
Jumfi is now supporting a second mail server. This allows developed filters to be used on
both Sendmail and Exim 4.31. Exim is an opensource mailserver (http://www.exim.org)
that will be supported by jumfi.

Jumfi is a project that will create a (j)ava based (u)nified (m)ailfiter (i)nterface. It will allow
mail filters build in java to be applied to multiple mail servers of similar and different design.
Its goal is to boost the effectiveness of developed mail filters. This will be achieved because
a mail filter that is build on top of jumfi can instantly be applied to a large group of mail
servers.

Building a new mail filter is as simple as creating a new java class, all that is necessary is a
good mail filter concept. The technicalities of interfacing with a mail server (f.e. sendmail or
Exim) are all handled by jumfi.

The second alpha version (0.2) of jumfi is released fixing bugs found in the previous
release; it is available on the sourceforge project page
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jumfi/). This version supports the sendmail milter interface
and Exims ˜local_scan™ function on linux. Also included in this package are two sample mail
filters one drops some of the commonly known ˜hazardous™ mime-types, the other does
nothing more than record a subset of mail headers.