Re: [Exim] Port 587

Página Inicial
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Port 587
Suresh Ramasubramanian <linux@???> wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have an example of how to use port 587?
>>
>> Obviously you have to:
>>
>> 1) Listen on the port
>> 2) Have a separate ACL for that port.
>
> The easiest way for this is to run two separate exim daemons, one for
> port 25 and the other for port 587

Not sure I agree - it only takes one extra ACL test to listen on both and
reject on 587 if not authenticated - something like this which was posted by
Bruce Richardson on 11th April:

accept  hosts = +auth_relay_hosts
          condition = ${if eq {$interface_port}{587} {yes}{no}}
          endpass
          message = relay not permitted, authentication required
          authenticated = *

(Hint: Marc - a simple Google query for 'exim port 587' found this...)

I always take the view that it's easier to change-control a single config
file than several, especially when you can easily encapsulate the
port-specific processing like this. But running 2 instances remains a valid
option.

Peter