Re: [Exim] minimum requirements

Autor: Christopher Baker
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] minimum requirements
> With what volume of mail for those users? Supposing each gets a couple
> dozen messages per day, without too many large attachments, I'd think
> an old '386 would do the job... Seriously. I've been running a gateway
> for 6000 users with 30k messages per day on a Pentium II with 256MB RAM,
> Redhat 6.0, the machine mainly being idle.

This was a very helpful answer. I only have about 60 users who will be
getting 20 messages at the most per day. It's on a P3 450 MHZ with 128
MB. It sounds like it should do fine. This box is only doing graylisting.
It receives the mail and sends it to an Exchange server.

The question I'm afraid is to ask is how many e-mails would we get if we
were doing no spam-blocking at all. That's a scary thought indeed.

Chris

FRANK BURNS: Unless we each conform, unless we
obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there
is no possible way we can remain free.
_M*A*S*H_, "The Novocaine Mutiny"
Chris Baker -- www.chrisbaker.net
chris@???, chrisbaker@???, cbaker2@???
"When you stop growing, you start dying."