Re: [Exim] Blocking an a broken server

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Edwards
To: Ron McKeating
CC: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Blocking an a broken server
On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Ron McKeating wrote:

| If you wanted to block all email from a broken exchange server that kept
| sending out the same emails over and over again, but only a temporary
| measure until it was fixed, what would be the quickest way to do it. I
| have the helo name and the ip address.

We would normally reject in the RCPT ACL based on their IP:

  deny    hosts = a.b.c.d

as the RCPT stage stands the best chance of getting them to go away.

If they still refuse to "5xx off", may wish to get the network guys to
firewall them at the boundary.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service