RE: [Exim] Should there be any reason for this?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Hochstrasser Benedikt
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] Should there be any reason for this?
Philip Hazel wrote:

>> We connect to sites that require ident queries to be answered.
>> (They didn't require the answers to be accurate, though <g>)

> But that's the whole point! The answers are for YOUR benefit, not
> for their benefit. If you see no benefit, just send back "xxx" or
> whatever each time.

That's exactly what the "fake identd does". There is not much of a
benefit for me because there are no users on that box. It's a NAT
firewall/proxy/mail gateway...

Also take notice that identd is/isn't an option because of local
privacy laws. (You aren't even allowed here to track users' email
or proxy/web traffic without a warrant or the written consent of
the user.)

--
Ben