Re: [Exim] exim 3.2 returning attachments after a non-delive…

Autor: BHafter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim 3.2 returning attachments after a non-delivery
Hi Tim

> If for some reason you accept mail and then bounce it (which should be
> avoided wherever possible), then you're right that the return size limit
> as defined in the Exim config is the main relevant option. Exim itself
> does not parse MIME messages, so doesn't actually know about "attachments"
> as such; it just generates a bounce which (by default) incorporates the
> original message body, subject to the return size limit. Therefore
> attachments will be returned, as long as they are smaller than the return
> size limit, otherwise they will be truncated. However, the attachments
> will typically not appear as "attachments" to the recipient of the NDN,
> because Exim just returns the entire message source in one block, without
> reformatting the MIME etc.

yes, thats what we have now and want to change (before upgrading to Exim
4). We use Exim filters for this. We'd like to have non-deliveries only
with the header of the mail (with no content).

Any idea how doing this? I searched through the config file and filter
and throug Exim Users Forum, could not find an answer.

-bettina