Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address

Página Inicial
Autor: Dean Brooks
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address
On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 09:19:16AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Look guys - I just asked that the feature be added. I didn't ask for
> anyone's opinion about how I should use it. I just asked because I think
> it has the potential of being useful for something.

You received opinions because your suggestion is a bad idea. That is
why the feature isn't there to begin with.

Also, don't be so arrogant to think that just because you post to the
list, you won't get people's opinions. This is a discussion list, and
inherently, and new requests are going to get discussed.

Now I will excercise my right to make an opinion. Using SOA records
is a terrible idea, because most domains are hosted by an ISP, and
the ISP puts their contact info in the SOA record.

However, most ISPs have no idea about a customers configuration, and
will simply forward your message to postmaster@ the customer's domain
anyway.

If you flood ISPs with these virus warning messages, you're going to
find yourself banned or blacklisted, since you're going to flood the
ISPs with messages that they dont want and didn't ask for.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???