Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jethro R Binks
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Chris Edwards wrote:

> Jethro wrote:
>
> | Here, I'm probably going to alter my SMTP reject messages to contain a URL
> | on the first line which points to an appropriate page. At least this will
> | be useful for those who have the courage to wade through the tech-speak to
> | look for something useful, and may also get through to those whose MTA
> | only reports the first line of a rejection message.
>
> Makes sense. However, I get the idea that b0rken MTAs that only return
> one line are more likely to return the last line rather than the first...
>
> No hard stats on this (sorry).

The Exchange case I mentioned, at least, shows the first line only.

But, easy solved, put the URL top and bottom :) Gets messy for those
fortunate enough to see the whole of the message presented as neatly as my
server provided it, but I'm sure they can cope with a bit of duplication.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK